Hello! My wife purchased one of your PowerFlamer 160 wok burner for my Birthday last year and I LOVE IT. Unfortunately the cover I wasn’t as water proof as advertised and the burner has gotten a corroded. Now when I use the flame doesn’t come out of the burner evenly and a layer of black soot shows up on the bottom of my wok whenever I use it.
1) Is there a good way I can clean the burner?
2) If not can I buy a replacement burner? Everything else is working great.
Can you watch video #5 “The yellow flame might be caused by the air/fuel mixing wheel being turned far toward the burner pipe. Adjust the wheel a bit away from the burner inlet should help.” On this page https://outdoorstirfry.com/support/product-documentation/? Let us know if it helps.
Adjusting the oxygen flow did significantly reduce the soot issue, thanks! I am still not getting gas out of all of the burner holes, is there a suggested method for cleaning them out?
Don’t you get flame out of some holes at low flame level or high level? Maybe you can send a video to show.
At very low levels I can get flames out of most holes, on high it goes away. Here is a link to the video sorry it was a little too big to send as an attachment.
Cleaning burner holes on its top plate with appropriate wire size may help. Below are steps to open the burner top plate:
- Take the wok ring adaptor away.
- Remove two bolt/nut sets between wind guard and burner base plate.
- Flip the burner base plate upside down.
- Remove 3 mounting screws between base plate and burner.
- Remove base plate to expose the burner bottom.
- The burner top plate is mounted with 2 sets of small bolt/nuts. Remove these.
- Take the burner top plate out for hole cleaning.
- Reverse sequence above to mount back. Please check burner pipe is clean before reverse assembly.
Let us know if there is further question.
That worked! Thank you for all the help.