Tag: Paint for Rust
Thanks and two recipes
Hi, I bought one of your wok cookers several years ago. Time for a new one (I broke parts, it got rusted). Ordered it yesterday. I have been very happy with the first purchase and look forward to the second one. I have included my go-to recipe (I rarely cook anything else on it because this is so good!). ALSO: My 2 quart recipe for sauce. Thx.
Chicken and Broccoli wok recipe
- 1 container of extra firm tofu – dry it with paper towel and cube it about 1/2″ by 1/2″
- 5 lbs chicken breast cutlets – trim and cube slightly bigger than tofu
- 4 or 5 BIG heads of broccoli – Remove stalk and split pieces so tiny remaining stalks will cook thru
- 1 cup shelled peanuts or cashews (buy them shelled if you can..its ALOT of work)
- Peanut oil to cook in (you will need about a cup..peanut oil because its burn temp is highest))
Place the following in 3 different sections of a bowl reserved for Spices
- Diced fresh ginger – about 3 tablespoons
- Diced garlic – about 4 big cloves
- Diced hot chilli peppers (from1 to 3, based on desire for heat)
Sauce (enough for a couple of meals…or just use some of my bulk recipe)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp chili oil
- 3 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cups water/stock
- Start some rice cooking. I wash the rice several times to take off starch. Use 2 cups and rice to 3 cups of water. Get it to JUST a boil about 4 minutes, then use the absolute lowest simmer possible for 23 minutes.
- Have everything prepped and ready to go before cooking
- Have a big empty dish ready to place each item in when cooked.
- Use a wok and a wok lid (or something that works as one.)
- Cook each item separately.
- Put in a little peanut oil and some spices before cooking each ingredient
- Cook each item until just cooked thru.
- When each item is done, place it into the waiting big dish
- Careful with the peanuts….they go from zero to sixty in no time flat.
- Add some water to the fry pan when cooking the broccoli an cover it for a few minutes to make it tender
- When all the ingredients are done, put them all back into the wok, shake the sauce one last time, and pour some sauce over as you mix and heat for one last minute or two
- Serve in bowls over rice
———-Stir Fry Sauce——-
Stir Fry Sauce (bulk)
Slightly less than two quarts of stir fry sauce
Fills a 64 oz Cranberry juice bottle with room to shake up the cornstarch
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 2/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chili oil
- 3/4 cup Sesame oil
- 1.5 cups water
- 1.5 cups stock
Thanks for the repeat business. Rust is always an issue for us. If it is just rust, applying a coat of spray point should help. Next time if the stove just needs some small parts, you can let us know. We might be able to able to come up a replacement.
Won’t spray paint degrade in the heat? If not, offer an upgrade to anti-rust the unit with paint. Or offer a cover.
For PF13L160, flame from burner do not touch most of the stove area except the wok holder tips. The paint should be able to last. Our PF13L160 is painted with silver paint. However it is not robust in outdoor environment. For cover, we just use the wok. Flip it upside down to cover the stove.
We made a dish according to your recipe. The whole family likes it a lot.