Below please find steps from one customer teaching how to act as your own agent for custom clearance purpose in Canada. Please bare in mind that the requirement from government often changes and below is only for information purpose.
This self clearance is handled under a program called the Courier Low Value Shipment Program (https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/courier/lvs-efv/prsn-eng.html), and it can be used on any goods below $1600 CAD in value.
The steps to go through this:
Note: If the receiver is notified about fees owing by UPS, they can skip step 1, and contact the UPS brokerage directly.
- When the first delivery attempt is made, state that you will be self-clearing the package through the CBSA. Under no circumstances should they pay anything at this time, as that is considered to be them consenting to using UPS as their brokerage firm. The package will be returned to the depot, and they may or may not make another delivery attempt. Again, indicate that the package will be self-cleared.
- Call 1-800-742-5877, and select option 3.
- Tell the representative that you will be self clearing the package, and that you are requesting the invoice and shipping manifest for the package.
- Normally they will receive this by email within one business day, but I have had to call and email up to three times to get the information sent. They do include some instructions, but take note of the email address on the forms, as you need to return the forms to the same individual.
- Locate the nearest CBSA office that is part of the Low Value Shipment Program (https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/services/lvs-efv-eng.html). All airports that handle international flights will have one of these.
- Take the paperwork, as well as a piece of photo ID to the CBSA office and ask to clear a shipment.
- Provide the CBSA officer with the paperwork, and they will handle any currency conversion and determine the duties owed. Payment can be made using credit card, Interac, and cash, but credit is preferred.
- You will be provided with CBSA Form B15 showing proof of payment.
- Make sure the UPS tracking number is written on the form, and send it back to the address listed on the instructions, or alternately fax it to 1-770-990-1724.
- Normally the package will be scheduled for delivery the next day.
One additional note is that UPS requires that the shipment be cleared within 48 hours, so once you receive the paperwork, get the package cleared ASAP.
I hope this can help smooth shipments for you in the future.
Are the legs done properly ? Is the completed height 31”. I thought there were short legs for tabletop operation and extensions to use on the floor. Are the places where the longer legs attach considered the short table legs?
The short leg stove uses the short legs from the base plate, about 1.5 inches. The long legs have bend such that they can spread out wider to increase stove stability. Entire long leg stove should be about 30~32 inches in height. This is to consider a wok depth of 4 inches, such that the wok handle height is at 36 inches. We consider 36 inches as the average height for people’s elbow, comfortably lifting the wok with elbow in horizontal position.
For how the long legs spread, please see the “Usage Examples” section of the stabilizer product https://outdoorstirfry.com/product/long-leg-stabilizer-for-long-leg-stoves/. For how to spread the long legs, please see “How to achieve stable long legs for PowerFlamer propane 160 stoves?” at https://outdoorstirfry.com/support/product-documentation/.
I recently ordered the PowerFlamer Propane 160 with Long Legs. If I should get the Stove Stand in the future, can I remove the Long Legs on the PowerFlamer 160 and use it in the stainless stand?
If you remove the long legs, the stove becomes the short leg version. You can then insert it into the stove stand
I was wondering if I can use the wok burner connected to my house’s stationary gas tank instead of a portable tank.
IF your line from your stationary tank has >30PSI pressure, yes the stove will work. However what we learn is that stationary tank typically has a master regulator that step down to too low pressure before connecting to the line to feed the house. In this case you will need to install another line in front of the master regulator. This new line pressure needs to be > 30 PSI but < 250PSI.
thank you, confirming receipt of the stove now. Looking forward to testing it out.
I know you mentioned that there should be 1 ft of clearance on all sides of the powerflamer propane 160, but since I got the version without any legs, would it be a problem or safety issue to use it on an all-steel table? I assume the excess heat would not be sufficient to damage a steel table, but I wonder if the reflected heat would be damaging to the stove’s internal components.
No combustion material 1 foot around the stove. Steel table is fine. When you increase power such that flame comes out of the bottom and side hole, the stove becomes in-efficient. You are using fuel to heat the stove body instead the your wok. Please avoid flame coming out bottom and side.
Got the power wok burner installed natural gas. It’s god damn awesome! First use, seasoning a wok, the housing and/or wok ring smoke. Is that normal? Is there something I should do ?
It is normal any paint touched by flame will need to be burnt off.
Can the Stainless Stove Stand available on your website store be used with the burner PF13L160EI I purchased? Is there an opening on the top surface that you insert the burner into (with the legs off)? Are the short legs basically the 3 little stubs on bottom of the burner unit?
When you remove the long legs, the stove becomes a short leg version. It can be inserted to the stove stand. The stove stand has a top opening to insert a short leg PowerFlamer propane 160 stove. The stove stand on itself is quite light weight, using it with a short leg version stove does not improve entire stove system stability much as compared with a long leg stove with stabilizers. However you can put heavy objects like bricks, concrete block on to the stove stand lower shelf to improve its stability.
Hello. I just received my PowerFlame burner yesterday. I am so impress with the high quality of materials you have included. I just have a few questions.
- Can the ignition flame be left on low setting while the burning is being used? Or should it be completely turned off once the burner is lit?
- Can the burner be used directly on an outdoor stone countertop (granite) without the long legs attached?
- the ignition flame needs to be turned off completely after igniting the main burner. If the ignition flame remains lit, it can heat up the ignition metal tip. The tip can then meld its surrounded white plastic and black rubber insulation of the ignition wire.
The burner arrived, thank you, however due to differences in EU vs US gas standards I’ve needed to change the regulator.
Usually my customers go to the propane dealer to ask for an adaptor between your tank and the ACME Type I QCC tank connector we ship. Can you also send me your tank connector in picture?
Thank you, I will send the pictures via my gmail account as I cannot send them easily with this account. Please double check your spam in case the email doesn’t come through in the next 30min. Thank you in advance. Please find attached images of the tank connector. I live in Luxembourg and I think this is a German connection. It is very difficult to source a solution in the region I’m in as they cannot create custom hoses/connectors here. So any assistance is much appreciated.
Thanks for this advice. I have ordered the following for German standard propane tank connections. I will let you know whether it is successful so you have the info for future clients.